Brochure Type: AWS Europe and Britain 1819
Travel to the fairy-tale land of Germany's Christmas markets, sharing the festive season spirit and gemutlichkeit of the locals amidst magical fairy lights, rousing oompah music and the spicy scents of gluhwein, steamy bratwurst and gingerbread hearts to beat the winter chill.
- City tour in Berlin
- Orientation of Frankfurt, Rothenburg, Nuremberg, Weimar, Dresden and Leipzig
- View the Opera House and Zwinger Palace in Dresden, the Brandenburg Gate and Reichstag Building in Berlin
- Visit the Berlin TV Tower
- Visit the Christmas Markets of Rothenburg, Nuremberg, Wartburg Castle in Eisenach, Erfurt, Weimar, Dresden, Leipzig and Berlin
- 7 hot buffet breakfasts
- 4 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (800) 468-2359 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13960190
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Frankfurt||Arrive Frankfurt: Tame your festive wanderlust with the smells of Gluhwein and Stollen on this magical journey that begins in Frankfurt. After check-in this afternoon, join your Travel Director on an orientation tour of the city's dynamic financial centre and medieval Romerplatz. Later, meet with your fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception with drinks and a light meal.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Nuremberg||Frankfurt - Rothenburg - Nuremberg: Fairy-tale Bavarian landscapes line your journey to the medieval walled town of Rothenburg where you'll enjoy an orientation walk with your Travel Director past picture-perfect half-timbered houses and the old Town Hall. Savour a slice or two of Schneeballen or shop for gifts at the Reiterlesmarkt before continuing to Nuremberg with its mighty ramparts and St. Sebald's Church. Our next stop is the famous Christkindlesmarkt where sweet gingerbread hearts hang from the stalls and the famous Zwetschgenmannle prune men pose in all their Christmas splendour.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 3||Weimar||Nuremberg - Eisenach (Wartburg Castle) - Erfurt - Weimar: Embrace hundreds of years of festive spirit at the Eisenach Christmas market held in the UNESCO World Heritage Wartburg Castle. Ramble past sizzling Bratwurst and steaming vats of Gluhwein as you soak up the magical atmosphere. Next on our Christmas wish-list is Erfurt's medieval market - its Weinachtspyramiden is the gateway to delicious aromas of schnitzel, gingerbread and egg punch, enjoyed against the backdrop of St. Mary's Cathedral and St. Severus Church. See the market Ferris wheel and Merchants' Bridge, the largest inhabited bridge in Europe, spanning 120m. Our final stop on our festive foray today is the UNESCO World Heritage town of Weimar, where tonight we dine at our hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 4||Dresden||Weimar - Dresden (2 Nights): Enjoy a leisurely morning in Weimar before travelling to Dresden, the 'Florence on the Elbe'. Spend the day admiring the magnificent restoration of a city that was all but destroyed during World War II. Consider indulging in traditional German cuisine this evening at a local restaurant. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Dresden||Full Day at Dresden Christmas Market: Germany's Christmas traditions take centre stage today as we wander through Dresden's Striezelmarkt, Germany's oldest Christmas market. Admire the dazzling display of twinkling lights, handcrafted decorations and Christmas carols. If you're lucky enough to visit on the second weekend in advent, pay homage to the original Dresdner Christstollen. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 6||Berlin||Dresden - Leipzig - Berlin (2 Nights): Immerse yourself in centuries of Yuletide traditions at Leipzig Christmas market as you wander past more than 250 decorated stalls in the Marktplatz. Take a trip back in time as you savour the scents of Glogi wine and admire the traditional crafts in 'Ancient Leipzig'. We leave vibrant Leipzig for Berlin where we'll spend the next two nights.Buffet Breakfast|
Sheraton Grand Esplanade
|Day 7||Berlin||Berlin Sightseeing: You won't need Santa's reindeer to ascend hundreds of metres into the air for a Cultural Insight and 360 views of the city from the Berlin TV Tower. Join your Local Specialist for fascinating insights into old East and West Berlin embarking on a sightseeing tour past the Brandenburg Gate, Unter den Linden Boulevard, the Reichstag building, Tiergarten and the shopping and entertainment district of Kurfurstendamm. The rest of the day is yours to explore this cosmopolitan city or consider joining Berlin's Secret Past Optional Experience. Our magical Christmas journey almost at its end, we'll spend the evening with our Travel Director and fellow travellers for a delicious Farewell Dinner with wine.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 8||Depart Berlin||Depart Berlin: For now, it's time to bid a festive farewell to our travel companions as we return home filled with magical memories. Morning transfers are available to Berlin Tegel Airport. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- Christmas Markets: Are generally open from the beginning of Advent until 24 December 2018. Trafalgar reserves the right to substitute sites and Christmas market inclusions in keeping with the events of the season.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class